Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fall-tastic felt wreath

So, Joann's recently had a "coupon commotion" and had a ton of coupons in mailers and the newspaper. If you know anything about me, it's that I'm super frugal, cheap, and love a good bargain.  I could NOT let these coupons go to waste.  On the way to Joann's, I thought up this little project, and thought someone else might like to see it too.
I started with a styrofoam wreath form ($4.99 and my Joanns, but I had a 50% off coupon)


After buying desired felt colors, start cutting out circles. A lot of them. I didn't trace anything, as you can see. I took this picture about 50 circles into the project and I think I got sloppier as I went. I chose 4 colors of felt (and added some green for leaves). The felt was $3 total and I have a lot leftover!

Cut a spiral

Starting with the center, begin wrapping the sprial around the center:

You'll end up with little rose looking flowers.  It took way more than I thought it would, and I semi wanted to gouge my eyes out by the time I was done. 

But then....after hot gluing those bad boys all over my wreath form, I got this!
Total time: couple hours, it's really tedious
Total cost: $5.50, I already had the ribbon and hot glue at home

Isn't it grand?!
My 6 yr old daughter asked me yesterday, "Mom. What? Did fall throw up on you or something?"
Yes. Yes.  Maybe fall did throw up on me...but I like it.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love it! your creativity amazes me!