Wednesday, September 17, 2008

display ideas

Alright, I need your help and ideas! I was contacted through Etsy to be a part of a boutique show October 24-25th in a town about 20-25 minutes away. The show is going to have some great vendors (more info coming about that as the time gets closer), and is located in a huge house that won the 2007 Parade of Homes award.

I am in charge of my own display supplies, such as tables, shelves, racks, etc. I do not have to be present the entire length of the show, so some cute, informative signage is recommended.

I need your ideas on how to display my items. My space is about 2.5' by 6' and it needs to look good. I have a few thoughts, but I am interested in other ideas. The lady who contacted me said she'd like to see my hot pads and zipper pouches there, but I am welcome to sell whatever I'd like.

Are baskets too hard to search through? Is a coat rack too cluttered to display purses? What are some ways to display cute labels and signs? Any thoughts you have would be great!

8 comments:

TinaBean said...

I think you have it exactly right! I would totally use a cute basket for your hot pads and a cute little coat rack to hang purses...that's perfect! That way people can look through them easy. What are you talking about displaying labels/tags?

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

I think one trick is to use different levels - take a box and drape fabric over it and put some things on top of it. a flat table just covered with stuff is so boring!
good luck!!!

Candy said...

For the labels and tags, I just wanted to know if there was a cute way to display a sign of what my items are and a brief description of their features. Something that could say, "HOT PADS: triple layer batting, quilted, happy baking!" or something like that. Something that could hang, or stick up from the table, a special holder?

Julie said...

I agree with the multiple level idea! And I thought the coat rack worked well at FIS (even though the fair was a bust...your stuff looked good!). I had cards in a box & for some reason people didn't go through them...so I don't know if having them "out" is better. You could have some type of "T" and have bibs or pouches hanging on one side (through the neck of course or with a clothes pin) & hot pads on the other (again using some kind of clothes pin) GOOD LUCK!!!

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

Candy,
I think its so funny you called me a "lady"!!! I still feel like a teenager:) Since I'm 30....does that put me in the "lady" category? He He!

Candy said...

Haha! Andra, you crack me up, sorry! I am 27 and still feel like a teenager sometimes too. I'll edit my post to say, "some young, awesome, beautiful, young, sweet, young, nice girl...." j/k

My husband just turned 30 last week and I think I'll freak when I hit that point, it's coming all too soon!

Ashley said...

Ahhhh...cute....love your blog! Just found it! Your labels are darling too! LOVE that you did that! :) And...I want to know where your fall boutique is! I'll come! :) I have been meaning to buy one of your bags for awhile! They are DARLING!!!

summer said...

Hey, call me one of these days I want your opinion on a couple of things, and I don't have your new number. Levels are great, keep it clean especially when it comes to color then you see your product and not the display stuff, I don't think I would use baskets--they seem too old school for you-- as much as I would use enamel buckets or metal boxes, a little more clean and modern like your prints. Ooh, one time I saw the cutest buckets covered in papers or fabrics with vinyl lettering on them. You could do those in coordinating prints. It would look cool if you could build a tri-level display that looks like stairs with the buckets on them. Have you ever thought of dressmaker forms, sometimes those can be super cool looking. Ok, so you can probably totally disregard what I just said, since you have amazing ideas of your own. Have fun!